Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
edwallig
New Contributor

FAP-c24je on FG-60E - no airprint

Hi,

FG-60e (6.0.4) in small home office build. Single wired subnet (192.168.10.x) with tunneled FAP-24je connected on port 2 (FAP IP x.10.12, tunneled SSID 10.95.0.x). From the wireless I am able to connect, browse Internet, access resources on .10 subnet (have a small NAS attached). PCs on the wireless can print but iPhones cannot - they get a "No AirPrint printers found" message. Printer is also wireless and on the same subnet and the iPhones.

Printer is an airprint-capable device (HP Officejet 8620) and airprint worked when I was using the old ATT router-provided wireless so hoping someone has some thoughts. This same config works fine when I use a FAP-221C so wondering if there is something that needs to be done to this specific model of AP.

Thanks in advance...

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you need to enable multicast forwarding.  There are a few KB articles on this, including this one.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
edwallig

Thanks for the reply - I had added a multicast policy but not sure that is the issue. The printer is on the same wireless subnet as the iPhones - is there still a requirement for a multicast policy?

Thanks again for the help...

wanglei_FTNT

We have confirmed the issue and are fixing it.  It will take some time to get the fix into GA build. Meanwhile, we will see whether we can find a workaround. Will making the VAP bridge mode temporarily be acceptable for you? Your wireless clients would be on 10.12/x network 

JayD_FTNT

Hi Ed,

We have verified that bridge mode SSID will help to get airprint working. As Lei mentioned, will using bridge mode SSID work as a temporary solution for you? Wireless stations will be on 192.168.10.X network. Meanwhile, Dev is working on providing a fix for tunnel SSID and it should be available on next GA.

Let us know if you need any additional information.

edwallig

Thanks for the feedback....I'll look to see if bridge mode is the answer in this case and be watching for the next GA build.

edwallig

OK putting it in bridge mode did the trick! Thanks for the help :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors