Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cromer
New Contributor

L2TP-client Tunnel Connected But No Routing Configured

Hi all

I've searched thru the forums and have found some references to my issue but still i'm not able to get this working so i've reloaded a backup and will start again after many days scratching my head.  Keeps me quiet I suppose!

I have a cable modem in the UK from Virgin Media and with this i have a dynamic Wan IP address - I need at least one fixed address for a Virtual Machine i have which will accept port forwarding but that messes with other parts of the infrastructure to it's external IP needs to be public and its internal needs to be private - i thought i would stick it into a DMZ and pray.

So after some pain i now have my 60E connected to a L2TP server however i have not as yet been able to configure my 60E to grab the IPs that i have been assigned - i have signed up for a /29 network

the connected gateway is 81.187.81.187/32 on ppp1 but i also see 81.187.19.130/32 - neither is on my /29 block of IPs - i am  81.187.40.x - my L2TP isp tell me that the /32 IPs are gateways which is fine even i f i dont understand how this can be so as i thought  81.187.40.x would have been the GW on a a  81.187.40.w subnet - don't suppose this is important for now

i've tried may things to get an IP from the tunnel but as yet nothing - nada.  and so i turn to you the experts on the forum :)

what i don't understand is that if i want to route out of the ppp1 interface, why don't i see it as an option to route out of when i try to create a policy?

i have attached some screenshots from my 60E - and the output from  get router info routing-table all

I was thinking that i would need to setup a route to use the get router info routing-table all ppp1 connection but tbh, i am at the point where i will finish writing this post then lie down - i will jump up again as soon as i have another bright idea!!

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you 

cromer

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors