Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cyanesh
New Contributor

FortiManager Adoption

Hello everyone,

I have two site clusters of Fortigate with 6.0.4 and going to have Fortimanager 6.0.4.  I would like to move to using Fortimanager as the platform to manage firewalls.  I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the safest way to bring in the Fortigates with low risk to breaking something.  My thoughts below:

1.  I intend to use One policy package for both sites.  Using one rule set and mapping where required on internal, external, dmz etc...  This way there is one common rule set for the entire organization.  Any thoughts on this?

2.  I thought that if I bring in one, or both Fortigates as long as I don't push rules it should be a non event.  Then I can get the mappings set correctly, objects, security profiles set correctly.  If I have to make changes to FW, then I can do it on the Fortigates, and import the policy to grab the latest changes.  I will do it this way until everything is set, and then push back.  Is there a better way? 

3.  Do you think there are any other caveats? 

Thanks for reading

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors