Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Abouzar10
New Contributor

Fortigate 5.2 admin password lost

Hello,

I lost my admin account password, so I have to use the backup admin "maintainer".

When I connect to the consol cable, and I put bcpb and the serial number of the fortigate, it doesn't work.

Is there any thing I have to correct: I just concatened bcpb and the serial number. 

Thank you for your support! 

3 REPLIES 3
Bubu
Contributor

Hi,

You have to dow a hard reboot (check step #5)

https://cookbook.fortinet.com/resetting-a-lost-admin-password/

If you have followed the procedure correctly, can you attach a screenshot, do you have an error message?

Regards,

Bubu

Bubu

Bubu
ede_pfau

Watch out that you enter the serial number in the right case (lower-/uppercase). Tripped on that one once.

And you need to copy the string to the clipboard first - you only have ~15 sec (? 30 sec) after power-up to enter it.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
sw2090
Honored Contributor

And if anything fails and you can only clear the admin pwd by doing factory reset. Either - if your FGT has one - using the rest button or - if it don't - by wiping the FGT's bootdevice and reflash the firmware via ftp afterwards.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors