Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hayz
New Contributor

Serious Problem With Forticlient Logging Daemon

FortiClient version 6.0.5.0209

All logging features have been turned off.

Logging Daemon keeps using 1-7 GB of RAM

About 7-14 % of CPU

And worst of all, occasionally 10-20 MB/s Disk usage, which is insane.

There are occasions when it will hit 12 GB of RAM usage and then suddenly go to sleep at 2.4 MB, 0% of CPU, which

will last for about 10 seconds max and then resumes using inexcusable amounts of resources.

What the hell is this thing doing, and why does it pop back up every time I end its task?

There is not supposed to be any logging.

And a logger would not use these kinds of resources.

3 REPLIES 3
hayz
New Contributor

Its like a virus. Even when the FortiClient has been shut down, the Logging Daemon occasionally pops back up or just doesn't shut down with the FortiClient. And keeps using a large amount of resources.

Btw, are there any moderators in this forum? I'd like some confirmation from Fortinet's side that they at least see this.

nstefanisko

Same problem here and I seem to have fixed it.

Some of this may be voodoo, so make sure you have a fresh potato and perform the rite on the 5th Tuesday in February under the full moon. Don't skimp on the eye of neut. 

[ol]
  • Uninstall whatever version of the forticlient you have now.
  • make sure you do not have the Microsoft Forticlient installed, it doesn't show up under the olde Control Panel only on the new Apps Setting widget.
  • Mayhaps have you recently installed Win10 1903? Do you have a Dell? Check that you have the latest BIOS firmware.
  • Check in the Hardware Manager that you have drivers for all your devices, particularly Storage controllers. I think this is the real magick in my case. Even after uninstalling the Forticlient my disk was still pegged at 100% activity, even though the usage was low. I was missing a few drivers, don't know where they went, one of them was a Mass Storage driver, which I'm thinking is kind of important. 
  • Get the latest Foriclient directly from Fortinet (6.2.1.0831)
  • Install it and run it
  • Don't mess with logging[/ol]

My disk activity is now less than 50% after everything is loaded after boot, and the biggest user is the Search Indexer. Not a Fortinet logger in sight.

• Bill_Potts
    New Contributor

Mine regularly hits 36% (will sit there for 20 seconds, then drop for 5 seconds then back up to 30+%) of CPU and makes the CPU cooler run non stop. Again if you end the task it pops straight back up. 12+MB/s of disc usage as well.

Any inputs?

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors