Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AliKaPTaN
New Contributor

custom device and groups not working. 6.2 firmware

hi. custom device and groups do not work after updating to fortigate 1000d 6.2. what do I need to do about it.  registered ones have been deleted. pls help

11 REPLIES 11
BWiebe
Contributor

I believe this is mentioned, vaguely, as expected behavior in 6.2.0 release notes and is discussed at length here:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=172872

AliKaPTaN

Hi BWiebe thanks for your reply. I looked at the link we sent, but I didn't understand English very well. you write me briefly what to do. The custom device and group is no longer available.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

The custom device and group is no longer available.
That is the situation in FortiOS 6.2. Fortinet has dropped that feature.

Workaround: do not upgrade to v6.2

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
AliKaPTaN

hi  ede_pfau

but I upgraded. What should I do. downgrade ?? pls help :)

AliKaPTaN

Hi BWiebe thanks for your reply. I looked at the link we sent, but I didn't understand English very well. you write me briefly what to do. The custom device and group is no longer available.

sanderl
New Contributor III

Same here

BWiebe

Depending on model, and if you've made any major changes since upgrading, you could revert to the alternate boot partition:

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD31908

Other than that - downgrading can be accomplished by applying the old firmware as an upgrade, but you can lose certain functionality.  

Might be best to open a ticket with Fortinet for assistance.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

ASSUMING that you have

- a valid backup file

- an image file for that version of the OS

THEN, and ONLY THEN,

- install the last working version of FortiOS = downgrade

then

- "exec factoryreset" in the console

then

login to 192.168.1.99, admin, no password

then

restore your config backup

Know what you are doing! Downgrading will erase your configuration!

But after the restore your policies will work again as before.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I tested in the past the partition swap method the KB BWiebe pointed to. At that time it was either 60D or 60E. Although the KB said 100 or above, 60x or even 30E has the same number of partitions.

Apparently the partition seemed to keep the previous config before the upgrade. So when I intentionally change some portion of config after an upgrade, changing back to previous partition recovered the old config just before the upgrade as if nothing happened.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors