Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
farelko
New Contributor

Report: Vpn users logged in last month

Hello, is it possible create report where will be all local (vpn )user and their last login?

i need to know which vpn account has not been used for the last 30 days

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

In FortiAnalyzer, yes.  I'm not sure this functionality (or really much of any report functionality) exists in the FortiGate itself.  If you have a FortiAnalyzer you can simply go to FortiView -> VPN -> SSL & Dialup IPsec and see all the users who have connected in the specified time period along with their last connection time.  You can export this to a report PDF as well.

farelko

Hi, thank you. YEs i have FortiAnalyzer, this way I know.

But i need to know which vpn account has not been used for the last 30 days

lobstercreed

Oh, I don't know how you would do that.  I have a dynamic, huge number of VPN accounts because anyone in my active directory employees group can log in to VPN, so this doesn't seem feasible.  I guess if you had a more static list of users you could look for records for each one.  Looking for what's NOT there is always so much harder, and I've found some systems just don't do it (Aruba ClearPass comes to mind).

farelko

Yes, i have too internal user via LDAP, but have local user for some system supplier.

and it was about those

lobstercreed

One thing that comes to mind depending on your exact purpose or if this is a one-time thing.  You could create  custom view in FortiAnalyzer log view that you could check any time.  Search the VPN logs for the specific user(s) you're looking for and set the time period to last 30 days.  Then save it as a custom view and any time you go back to it you'll see all logons for those users in that time frame.  If nothing, then they didn't log in.  Maybe this doesn't meet your requirements?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors