Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ivanildo_Galvao
New Contributor

Fortigate AntiSpam stopped working

Hello Sirs, I have in my environment, two Fortigate 800D clustered, I enabled antispam two months ago, the antispam security profile applied in the NAT entry rule where my mail server receives the messages. Many spam was blocked, I needed to change the internet link, due to the change of provider, I recreated all VIPs, including the NAT of the email server. Since then, the antispam has stopped working, it is active, okay, but it just does not work, I've seen everything and I could not solve it, nor does Fortinet support know what it is. Does anyone here have an idea? Have you ever had a problem like this?

I appreciate if anyone here can help me.

Ivanildo Galvão Consultor de Tecnologia MCP, MCT, MCSA, VSP, VTSP, ITIL V3

4 REPLIES 4
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

ivanildogalvao wrote:

I recreated all VIPs, including the NAT of the email server.

Hi,

are you saying that you're applying NAT to incoming internet->vip policy?

If so, remove it please urgently, because you're turning your email server in an open relay.  (and that could explain your issue)

If I misunderstood your post, please attach a screenshot of your relevant firewall policy to clarify.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Ivanildo_Galvao

No, the mail server goes out to the internet on a regular internet browsing rule, without VIP. Only with the SMTP port, so that it is able to send the messages. When I referred to VIP, I was talking about the input, where the packets arriving at the SMTP port on a public ip, are directed to the mail server on the internal network and it is in this rule that I applied the antispam security profile, which is no longer working, has stopped filtering and blocking spam. I have other incoming NATs, using VIP, in separate rules, for web servers and ftp.

abelio

Ivanildo,

ivanildogalvao wrote:

When I referred to VIP, I was talking about the input, where the packets arriving at the SMTP port on a public ip, are directed to the mail server on the internal network and it is in this rule that I applied the antispam security profile, which is no longer working,

if that rule is NATTed, is wrong. Remove it asap.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Ivanildo_Galvao

Sorry, I explained it wrong. It does not have NAT in any of the rules published for input (smtp, ftp, web server, etc). I have NAT only at the exit, because our provider has delivered us an internal IP to configure in the WAN interface of Fortigate, to go out to the internet, we have to use IPPOOL with the valid public IP addresses provided by the provider.

Here's the image of the input rule, where emails arrive, and Fortigate is not filtering.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors