Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
apolzek
New Contributor

Script Authentication 310B

I'm looking for some way to authenticate in the captive portal of Fortinet 310B. This is to authenticate servers in test virtual machines. I tried mimicking the browser request through a python script, but I was not successful. I hope you help me https://github.com/guptarohit/Fortinet-automatic-login/blob/master/auth.py
1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, not sure I clearly understand the request.

What would you like to achieve ? You have some servers, running as VMs inside some host and you would like to authenticate those separate servers ? Are those having unique IPs or network connections out (like mapped physical ports)? If so, how about to use MAC or IP based policies instead of user kind of authentication ? If there is need to authenticate users running some tasks or browsers inside those VMs, then how about FSSO and Terminal Server Agents on those servers, assigning port ranges for user traffic and reporting assigned ranges and users, with actual host IP to Collector, and that Collector Agent will report those to IP based auth in FortiGate? Or how about session based authentications ?

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors