Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
szymond
New Contributor

AirPrint Configuration - Fortigate 100D

Hello,

We have just connected new Sharp Printer (mx-4071) to our network. Everything works fine, but we can't get access to it by AirPrint from subnets. I can ping them/access the configuration site, but the AirPrint doesn't find them. Do you have any advice how should I change it? My network "administrator" tells me that he can't do anything in Fortigate and I need to change sth in AirPort's express. 

I'm attaching simple schematic of my connections.

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Airprint uses Apple's Bonjour Service as let's say "backend".

To make this work on a FortiGate you have to create multicast policies for both directions.

One from where your Mac is to your printer plus one vice versa.

In your case that would be multicast polices:

and vice versa

Maybe you first have to enable multicast policies on your FGT (system=>Features in gui)

sincerely

Sebastian

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Airprint uses Apple's Bonjour Service as let's say "backend".

To make this work on a FortiGate you have to create multicast policies for both directions.

One from where your Mac is to your printer plus one vice versa.

In your case that would be multicast polices:

and vice versa

Maybe you first have to enable multicast policies on your FGT (system=>Features in gui)

sincerely

Sebastian

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors