Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gugfr01
New Contributor

FG-TRAN-SX Between Two FortiSwitchs No Link

I have two FortiSwitch's 1-Fortiswitch 224E-POE and 1-FortiSwitch 248E-POE that I'm trying to connect with 2-FG-TRAN-SX Fiber Transceivers. I'm not getting a link on either end. I've tried different combinations of Fiber Cables with no success. The switches have not been installed yet and I'm trying 1M fiber cables so infrastructure fiber is not an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Seppel
Contributor II

as far as I know, these two switches have a problem with the automatic detection of the speed. put manually the port speed to 1000 full should solve the problem

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
M_M_SW

I have encountered the same problem. I really don't understand why Fortinet doesn't fix this error. and Never announced that everyone should pay attention.

It took me a week to find the bed bug.

Special mention that not only switch requires fixed port speed That is, the connection to the Fortigate must also be fixed at the same time.

Duncan
New Contributor III

I had to set our port speed to '1000auto' to get ours to work.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors