Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
huseyin_ergen
New Contributor

FortiOS 5.4.0 Traffic Shaping Menu Problem

I have a problem. 

I have selected "Traffic Shaping" in System -> Future select. And i created a new traffic shaping policy. Everything is ok. But when i enter "Policy & Objects" and select one policy(click edit), Traffic shaping options do not showing under "Security Profiles" menu (please look attechment)

How i resolve this problem?

2 Solutions
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Traffic shaping has moved from Policies to Traffic Shaping Policies in FOS v5.4. If you have already created a ts-policy, you're done. Note that you only need one type of policy - either regular (without ts) or a ts-policy.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Dave_Hall

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Traffic shaping has moved from Policies to Traffic Shaping Policies in FOS v5.4. If you have already created a ts-policy, you're done. Note that you only need one type of policy - either regular (without ts) or a ts-policy.

Ede

sw2090
Honored Contributor

yes that is why Fortinet removed it from gui. Thus you can still apply shapers to your policies when you initially do this on cli. If you apply traffic shapers on cli they reapear in gui too.

This was on official statement Fortinet TAC gave to me in a ticket reporting the very same issue.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
huseyin_ergen
New Contributor

is there any respond? my problem still here.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you read my post?

Does it not apply to your setup/FortiOS ?

Ede

huseyin_ergen

Can you give me the link please?

Dave_Hall

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors