Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Networking7_
New Contributor

Access point not working after been moved to differnt location

Hi team, 

I need your help urgently.

Scenario:

We have 5 sites across the business. "Site A" has all the servers, DC, Backup etc and has a Draytek Firewall and Cisco AP's.

"Site B" which is the flagship store has Fortigate all throughout. ( Firewall, an access point etc)

Site C, D, E is similar to "site A" different devices.

We had issues with wireless connectivity at "Site A" a few days ago. Wifi is not strong enough.

So I decided to take one of the Fortinet AP in "Site B" and placed it in "Site A". I waited for nearly an hour. The Fortinet AP wasn't showing in the controller on "site B" even though it is lit up. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards, Networking

8 REPLIES 8
M_M_SW
Contributor

you need to do something first

enable site B wan port capwap

than setup FAP about AC ip address (site B wan ip)

Networking7_

Thanks. 

How do I setup FAP about AC ip address?

Regards,

Networking

M_M_SW

FAP default ip is 192.168.1.2 (if you don't change it)

use browser

ID: admin , none PW

than find WTP Configuration

you will see AC IP Address 1-3

just put in site B wan ip and apply

Networking7_

Thanks once again but I don't seem to have the options you mentioned. Please see screenshot.

Where do I press? Moreover, it doesn't allow me to change the IP for just one AP

M_M_SW

no no ... this Fortigate

you must setup FAP

FAP must direct connect to your PC (or notebook)

not fortigate

so FAP is offline from Fortigate

did you say your FAP on site B 

so site B this FAP can't connect to site A fortigate?

https://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/54/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-wireless-54/remote-ap.htm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nel_bFs-EuA

hope information useful 

Networking7_

Hi guys, I am trying to download the FAP but can't find a download anywhere. any links to download FAP

Dave_Hall

Connect the AP directly to a free port on the fgt - confirmed it is getting an IP address if the fgt is running DHCP.  If the fgt is not running DHCP and the "free" port is on a different subnet than 192.168.1.x, bind a secondary IP to that subnet or create a subnet in that range on that port.  Once the AP gains a routable IP and finds/locates the wifi controller, you should see it showing up.  If you still do not see the AP showing up, log directly into the AP's GUI and check the settings there.

Edit: if the AP is off site and not able to locate the wifi controller, you likely need to set up the AC IP address on the AP itself.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Networking7_

Hi guys, I am trying to download the FAP but can't find a download anywhere. any links to download FAP

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors