Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
frankiekam
New Contributor

Unable to remove a Device from the "Custom Groups" --> I always get an "Error:

Hi Technical person of Fortigate prowesses

I need HELP. I am trying to delete a Device entry named "Christine Notebook LAN" from my "Custom Device & Groups".  However, me to do this, the Delete button must be enabled. It is disabled for this Device entry. So I try to remove the Device entry from the Custom Group. But Blam! When I remove the Device entry from the Custom Group and then SAVE my actions by clicking on the OK button, I get an error message "Error: entry not found".

See the sequence of screenshots:

So I remove this entry's "Staff Device Group 30Mbps" selection from the Custom Groups by clicking the red 'x' ... BUT when I click the "OK" button ...

... I get this error message :-

Please help. This is driving me crazy!

I think the problem is caused because the Primary MAC address displayed on the screen belongs to the laptop's previous motherboard. The laptop recently had a motherboard change. The current motherboard's MAC address is 18:66:da:fc:f9:36 which is showing as the "MAC address" setting, BUT NOT as the "Primary MAC" which was the previously replaced motherboard.

Anyone? Is there any CLI script that I can run to remove this entry's "Staff Device Group 30Mbps" selection from the Custom Groups? HELP.

Regards

Frankie Kam 

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Have you tried going into the custom group and removing the device from the list that way? 

It seems like I ran into this issue before but I can't remember what I ended up doing.  I may have removed it via CLI, but it's been a year or two.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors