Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
stuartsmith
New Contributor

Switch, Firewall, and DHCP Question

Looking for some guidance on the general direction I need to go.  I have a Fortinet (61E) I've been using for over a year.  Recently acquired a FortiSwitch 108D-POE.  I have the switch connected to the Fortinet and can manage it through the webUI.  I have a separate VLAN for the switch and the Fortinet.  Fortinet default software switch is configured as a DHCP server (192.168.5.1/24) and the FortiSwitch has a separate VLAN (vsw.internal1) also configured as a DHCP server (192.168.3.1/24).  

What I would like to do is have a VLAN on the switch for ports 1-5 on the same VLAN as the Fortinet, then have ports 6-8 on a separate VLAN.  

I can't seem to figure out how to make this happen.  I've tried various combinations of DHCP Relay and trying to add a VLAN with the same IP range. Nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
M_M_SW
Contributor

I think it’s cannot be done

Cause using FortiLink

Switch port assign vlan should be different with Fortigate ports

bmduncan34
New Contributor III

Thanks for that response.  It's very helpful to see another environment similar to the one I'm planning and it's working well!  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors