Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsabaratnam
New Contributor

FortiOS 6 Question

Hello,

My client want to upgrade the fortigate to firmware 6.0. Currently they are on 5.6. They wanted to be on the latest firmware. Anyone who are running on 6.0 please advice is it okay to upgrade to 6.0 now or wait till first patch. Any known issues with 6.0 I should be aware of.

I recently started supporting this client so I am hesitant to do anything which can cause more issues.Any inputs are welcome.Thanks for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
maimaq
New Contributor

Hi @nsabaratnam

We have experienced v6.0.2 for a while it worked perfectly, but couple weeks ago I upgraded to v6.0.4 build0231 and the only issue client facing now is intermittent dhcp ip release for one subnet that I have to reset the dhcpd daemon to resolve the issue every time it happens. Called Fortinet they said there might be a bug in the firmware and have to wait for v6.0.5

I would recommend upgrading to v6.0.2 and I'm sure you know how to follow the upgrade path from 5.6 to 6.0.2

Best Regards,

Mohammad

nsabaratnam

Thanks Mohammad for your response. Sure I know how to go to 6.0.2 from 5.6.

Have a good day.

Elthon_Abreu

Hi, I am running in the 6.0.4 smoothly. No issues detected by today. BR.

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
mike_dp

We are running 6.0.4 on multiple sites and no real issues to do a rollback to an older firmware. FortiOS 6.0.X was a great update for us especially for SD-WAN with possibility to add VPN IPSec tunnels to it. 

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6

FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6 FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors