Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hydra
New Contributor

Fortigate broadcast LAN over FortiAP, becomes unreachable

Hello,

I have a fortigate 60e connected to a fortiAP 210b.

I am attempting to broadcast the address range of the LAN through the AP and use the same DHCP.

Versions: 

Fortigate 5.6.2

FortiAP 4.0

Current setup:

Fortigate as gateway, DHCP, wireless controller.

AP plugged into LAN port 1 and authorized.

SSID created with traffic mode as Bridge and an associated AP profile.

Problem is, anytime that I assign the profile to the access point it loses connection to the LAN until I remove it completely from the wireless controller menu and hard reset. 

I also tried making a software switch, but it doesn't allow me to select the LAN to connect to the SSID.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Do you have one or both radios enabled in the AP profile and also SSIDs assigned? 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Hydra

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I even tried overriding the radio settings in the default profile for the Radio 1  but when I apply the changes, the AP gets stuck in the down "connecting" state. 

I'm starting to think that it's an incompatibility with this old AP. What's weird is that it works just fine when broadcasting a separate subnet.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Assuming the AP has a valid IP address, log into the AP and check to see if it has found the AC - if not, you may need to set a static IP for the AC under Connectivity status.  Make sure the AP Discovery Type is set to auto.

Edit: what overrides did you put? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors