Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abruno
New Contributor

FortiSwitch 224E Configuration

Hi,

I'm new to the Fortinet products and I'm having issues getting a few things to work correctly and hoping someone can assist or provide some clues.

I'm part of a small business and we have a FortiGate 60E and a FortiSwitch 224E-POE as well as some un-managed switches.

Right now I have a simple setup of Two Vlans. Which they both function in its current state fine and server its purpose.

This is all in reference to the FortiSwitch

Port 1 is our uplink to the FortiGate, Port 23 is our Fortilink management port. Port 24 is for our Wifi Router(Works without issues using a Static IP set) Port 20 is for our 2nd VLAN use. And port 21 is our primary VLAN and is the native VLAN on all other ports on the switch. Plugged into port 21 is 2 Unmanaged switches and all our office computers as well as our AD Server(DNS&DHCP)

We have no issues running it at the current moment but the issue I am facing is when I take a computer and try plugging it into the Forti Switch directly and not into our Unmanaged switch's. It pulls from my DHCP server an IP which is how I want it to do. But I'm unable to connect to the internet. I can ping 8.8.8.8 from that computer but unable to ping google.com.

I'm basically wanting to be able to use the remaining 20 ports on my Fortiswitch as normal ports as if they were part of the unmanaged switch and be connected to the internet and all while still be able to get back to my AD Server.

Any information you might be able to lend would be great.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
M_M_SW
Contributor

there is only one Fortilink between Fortigate and FortiSwitch

and no other cable need (why need p1?)

If so, than set firewall policy allow access P20 to P21

abruno
New Contributor

From my understanding Port 1 is for the Network traffic between Fortigate and FortiSwitch. Port 23 is for the Fortilink management.

M_M_SW

If Fortigate ports use Dedicated to FortiSwitch

than all networks traffic and vlan will through that

don't need another port

Your native Vlan will show vsw.xxxxxxx

for other setting up VLAN's, applying policies

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psr3ukCAR5k

Hope a little bit help for you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors