Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
train_wreck
New Contributor III

Web Filtering for IPv6 static URLs not working

I have a Fortigate 30E running FortiOS 6.0 in front of an audio streaming server. The firewall is running on Comcast Business and has dual-stack DHCPv6-PD enabled. The web server has both IPv4 and IPv6 access, and I have created requisite inbound policy rules for IPv4 and IPv6 to allow HTTP access on all protocols.

I am now trying to block some specific URLs on the server, while allowing all others. I have attached a screenshot of the Web Filter settings. I then edit the IPv4 policy and tick the slider for "Web Filtering" to enable it, and then do the same for IPv6. The rules are working for IPv4, but the firewall is blocking all URLs for IPv6 traffic, even the ones that should be allowed. When I untick the "Web Filtering" slider on the IPv6 policy, traffic is restored, but I need to block it for IPv6.

What's going on?

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Did you ever find an answer to this?  We haven't done much at all with IPv6 yet, but this sounds like a bug of some sort maybe, so I'd like to know how it comes out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors