Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
huzefa
New Contributor

Install only Remote Access component of FortiClient 6.0.5

Hello,

Our organization needs to install FortiClient with only Remote Access component enabled.

Is there a way to install FortiClient with Vulnerability scan and Compliance and telemetry disabled?

Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Forums. Yes, this is possible. You need Fortclient EMS (or the Toolkit from the Dev Netwotk) to customize Forticlient installer package. http://help.fortinet.com/fclient/ems/1-2-5/FCT-EMS-Admin-Guide/1200_Administration/0630_Upload%20FCT... Best regards

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
SteveG
Contributor III

I'm pretty sure when you run the publically available installer on both MAcOS and Windows you can customise the install and choose Remote Access only.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If it's not a mass instalation, you can donwload (backup) the config and search for below XML statements and change those '1's to '0's to disable. Then restore the config.

<endpoint_control>         <enabled>1</enabled>

<vulnerability_scan>         <enabled>1</enabled>

huzefa

Hi,

How / From where do I download the config file?

It does not exist in the installer package.

Thanx.

huzefa

Hello,

Tried this. Unfortunately cannot generate the config file in human readable language.

And its a mass installation. We need to push the installer to other machines.

Thanx.

huzefa

Hi,

Got the config file. Disabled endpoint control and vulnerability scan. Restored the config but I can still see Compliance and Vulnerability Scan in FortiClient.

Thanx.

huzefa
New Contributor

Hi Steve,

I installed FortiClient from the website and it does not give the option to select Remote Access.

It installed all the components without me selecting any.

Thanx.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors