Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abbepf
New Contributor

status light continiously blinks

i have a fortigate 100d , no manual, nothing,  when i power it up with AC only, the only leds that lights up are the 3 bars on the top left corner, status led blinks continuously, and the power light is solid green, is the status led normal for it to blink like this without anything being plugged into it, personally, i think there's something wrong, and or its not normal. i've search the net and can't seem to find anything regarding this. except that its not supposed to be lit at all on some sights and the opposite on other sites.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I would think something is wrong, or waiting on something. To find out, you need to get to a console port and power-cycle it again. Pay attention to what comes up on the screen. I would save all output in case a ticket(RMA) w/ TAC is necessary.

abbepf

i haven't done this type of work since 2001, not quite sure what needs to be done , what i did notice  somewhere in my readings, it said i could use a program called putty and a USB cable, is that right, as i don't have any manuals or cable, nothing came with this when it was given to me to see if it works

Toshi_Esumi

It's a common console cable in this industry. Cisco's light blue cable is the most common one, which would work for FGTs too. Yes, a USB serial adapter with putty is the most common environment to utilize the console cable.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors