Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ikalas
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D : How to choose the good WAN

Hello everybody,

Since one day (after a firmware upgrade), my configuration doesn't work anymore. I think, it's not a good configuration and then I ask you how to do. Let's go for explication :

I have a fortigate 100D (firmware update 6.0.3), I have two WAN on it, one for the general traffic and one for the VOIP. Before updating, I have 2 interface WAN (one PPPoE and one Manuel). PPPoE is for the VOIP and other wan for all other traffic. I have 2 static route for each WAN and one policy route to say that the traffic coming from VOIP server go outside byre the WAN PPPoE.

After that, i put two policy rules :

One that accepts that the voip server goes out through the PPPoE WAN by entering through the LAN interface and the other that allows the VOIP port to enter through the PPPoE WAN and out through the LAN interface to the server VOIP.

There is also a redirection of the VOIP port on the WAn PPPoE interface to the VOIp port of the server.

Everything worked perfectly before the update and now no than at first sight nothing has changed.

If I don't disable the interface PPPoE, all the LAN don't have access to the internet but the VOIP work's. For the moment, I disable all the rules, interface and route policy about de PPPoE Wan and all pass by the other WAN and it's a problem for me.

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

Thank's

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

If you changed nothing and all you did was a firmware upgrade, I would open a ticket with support as it seems there must be a bug.  However, if the routes changed at all under Monitor > Routing Monitor then maybe there was something misconfigured that just happened to work before but after a reboot it doesn't (not really related to the firmware itself, just the reboot).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors