Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marco_buccella
New Contributor

FortiAuthenticator Token Push

Hi all,

I use FortiAuthenticator version 5.4.1 and Fortigate 5.6.5 to authenticate the users via LDAP with 2FA Token for SSL VPN connections.

Everything works good without any issue except for the Push notification with the Apple device, Android works good.

I create a VIP to the FAC IP allowing everything to reach it and using the service TCP 443 as port and I don't think that is

a communication problem cause Android devices work good.

In the Ipad,Iphone no notification are showed and nothing happen. I checked the notification option in the application field and it's allowed, no drops in the firewall.

Do you know if some bug exist for this version or if Apple device need some extra license ?

Thanks and regards

4 REPLIES 4
marco_buccella
New Contributor

I open a case to support...
vbacher

Hello Marco,

same issue here. Did you come to a solution with TAC assistance? If yes, would you mind letting me know how it has been solved.

Would be appreciated. Cheers Vincent

marco_buccella

Hi Vicent,

I found the solution with the TAC Team!

The issue in my case was that the Apple Notification Server list that is inside the FortiAuthenticator 5.4 wasn't update so the notifications was sent to some old server.

The solution proposed by Fortinet is to update to the new version 5.5 and in my case everything starting works without any issue.

Before upgrade to this version check the release note because in my case upgrading to 5.5 I resolve the Token Notification issue but I found another with the Token Autoprovisioning that mean that I have to assign the token one by one...

I wish to help you.

Regards

vbacher

Hi Marco, we are already running 5.5 so our issue seems to be different. But thanks a lot for your response anyhow :) regards Vincent

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors