Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sl
New Contributor

Howto configure a transparent web proxy with own squid server

Hi,

I am running a squid server in a vlan with a whitelist. The proxy works if the user enters the proxy manually to their browsers and systems.

Now I would like to use this in transpartent mode.

I found many documentations how to configure this for fortigate 5.6 but I am running 6.0.2. I tried many different configurations but I am was not able to reach the squid in transparent mode.

Can anyone guide me into the right direction what are the neccessary steps to route all internet traffic to my squid server without manually configuring on all clients?

PS: I know that I can force a whitelist directly in fortigate but sadly how hardware is not fast enough, so with activated white list we loose about 70% of the up/down speed.

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The 6.0 help guide does have instructions for transparent proxy configuration.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
sl
New Contributor

Hi,

I tried this manual already but with no succes. The rule is not used at all. Also for 6.0.3 some menus changed already. The Proxy Options drop down is already there, so you dont have to choose any security profile. (tested also with anti Virus enabled)

Anyone got this working?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors