Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IT_CHRA
New Contributor

How can we reset FortiAP S311C and what is the default password?

I've FortiAP S311C which needs to be reset to factory default and while I can telnet but do not have the login credentials.

Does anyone have the default password?

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think "admin/admin" if not "admin/(no password)".

bravishank_FTNT

Does anyone have the default password?

No, there is no default password.

Username "admin" should work.

Balaji

mikeraut

Try telnet into the device using admin as the username

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I believe (depending on the firmware) if the AP discovers and connects to the wifi controller (and is authorized), you are effectively "locked out" from connecting directly to it.  Either reboot the AP then try connecting to it before it discovers the wifi controller or temporarily deauthorize it on the fgt device.  (This of course, assuming the AP is managed by a fortigate device - not familiar with cloud-based managed APs.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
wanglei_FTNT

There should be a reset pin hole on the unit and you can use a paper clip to push it for more than 10 seconds till all LEDs are lit up and this should put your AP into factory-default 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors