Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

FortiGate 100E: Adding a new route kills connections/sessions

Heyho,

I just got caught by the following behaviour of my 100E:

This is a productive firewall but I from time to time have to add something to config. (e.g. we open a new shop so need ipsec to there + routes/policies to shop-net(s) ).

Whenever I add yet annother static route the FGT always crashes my internet connections (I'd suppose it kills all sessions in its cache upon adding a route). It does that even if the new route does not affect any existing sessions at all.

E.g. I add a route for a new subnet over ipsec tunnel that was not there before nor was that subnet nor has it any policy yet. So it cannot have any sessions corresponding to it. Thus once I add the route to the FGT my Internet connections break.

This very annoying on a productive device! There is ppl working and using connections to the inet for various things (getting/sending mail, VPN over SSL, FTP,...) and they all get crashed when I add a route.

Did this happen to anyone else? Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Maybe I'll create a ticket with TAC.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors