Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mwkirk
New Contributor

Local-in policy to block VPN requests

So there is a certain IP that is filling up the logs trying to establish a site-to-site VPN.  I trying out how to figure out how to block it I came across Local-In Policies.  I set the below rule but still the logs are getting filled with these request:

config firewall local-in-policy     edit 1         set intf "wan1"         set srcaddr "BadGuy"         set dstaddr "WAN1-IP"         set service "any"         set schedule "always"     next end

Is there anything else I need to do or should this work?  Doesn't look like it is though. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Assuming you really do not want the baddy addy to connect to your fgt or anything behind it you likely want to set the dest address to all or any. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
mwkirk

Yeah I did that and still the logs fill up with this address trying to establish an IPSEC tunnel. So changed policy to:

config firewall local-in-policy

edit 1 set intf "any" set srcaddr "Bad-Guy" set dstaddr "any" set service "any" set schedule "always" next end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors