Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mdeford
New Contributor

Multiple Disconnects over IPsec.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Our device was installed back in August of 2018 and has run great. Zero issues. However, about 3 weeks ago a single user told me they were getting kicked off every 2-10 minutes. My initial thought was their internet. No one else had complained and nothing had changed on our network. Then, another complained, and another. The count now is 25 of our 34 users have complained. All with different devices, different levels of updates, authority, home routers, and ISPs. I have done the basics. Upgraded firmware on the FortiGate. Updated the FortiClient to 6.0.4 on each users device. Verified it wasn't a specific update. (Our updates are controlled by WSUS and it only sends out updates when you are in one of our 3 locations. Several of them have not had updates applied in over a year due to being on the road so much). And then tried to update several of them to latest Windows 10 version to see if it helped. (All of our users experiencing this are on Windows 10 Pro). Verified packets to the FortiGate did not drop when they were disconnected. Rebooting the FortiGate and the laptops. Compared our config from September to a current configure to verify nothing had been changed. I went through our syslog and checked out the Informational, Warning, and Error level logs. I can see where they connect, a few minutes later the the tunnel goes down, and then they reconnect. The only Error level logs the device has generated look like incorrect password attempts so, I am not sure if they are relevant. But, the times do match up with some of the disconnects. I will try to attach a couple screenshots. (seems to be very picky about the size and only allows one to be attached.) I should probably open a support case but, I figured I'd try here first. At the very least, I am sure someone can help make sure we have all the logs we need to take it to support. Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors