Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mark_major
New Contributor II

FortiClient offline installer

Hello,

Where can we find offline installers for FortiClient, please?  I.E. this version and all future versions.

Often the process of the FortiClient installer connecting to the server and obtaining the files is the longest part of a job.  At least if we had an offline installer, we could anticipate how long the file would take to transfer or do it as a background process, etc.  My current install (update) to FortiClient on a remote laptop has taken half an hour to get to 15%.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Solutions
Fullmoon

mark.major@thecotswoldgroup.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

Sometimes I (and the end user) am waiting 10+ minutes for the 'retrieving servers' and 'downloading' stages of the online installer.  This could all be avoided if I could just grab an offline installer from the Fortinet site via the end-users home Internet or silently transfer an offline installer via TeamViewer/VPN in advance.  It is not at all productive for them or myself to watch an installer download stuff for up to 20 minutes.

Oh well,

Mark

same sentiments bro. :(

Fortigate Newbie

View solution in original post

Fortigate Newbie
smeeagain

hi,

I had same problem for ages and i have it right now, being away from my work place, withonly a wan connexion, and i dont have the credentials for login in with my organisation licence...

Like said above online installer is most of time very slow, that is a fact, that is very annoying when deploying this to a end user.

So why not provide a faster way to get the FC ?

I dont understand this...

Especially when you only just need to download it once, check your temporary files in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp when the 'real setup' is engaging and get the FortiCLIENTVPN.exe file generated by the online installer, which is the full setup.

That 's it, you got an offline installer...

Thank you

st3fan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the workaround. Pity Fortinet made it unnecessarily complicated.

32 REPLIES 32
Jirka1
Contributor III

Hi Mark,

you can find everything here: [link]https://support.fortinet.com/[/link]

SteveG
Contributor III

You can download the FC installers (all future and past versions) via the Fortinet support portal, assuming you have some form of support contract.

Alternatively if you have FortiClient EMS server that will automatically create installers for you and auto download the latest release.

mark_major
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for reading.

My problem is that I work in an organisation with over half a million employees.  One guy, somewhere, has the account details!

Please put links to offline installers on the public website.  It would be great if we could get the best out of the product!!

Thanks,

Mark

SteveG

You'll be much better off getting the credentials for the support portal. The customisable installers are not available unless you have a support contract. I guess you could try asking the FN account manager as I find them really helpful.

mark_major
New Contributor II

Thank you, but we're talking about a multinational corporation.  It seems unlikely (and probably unwise) for them to be handing out these credentials to me when they don't even know I exist :)

I don't see the trouble in handing out offline installers on the public site?  Just put a little link below the online installers, please?

Thanks,

Mark

ck_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Mark,

You can download the full installer from our support site (support.fortinet.com).

After logging in, hover over Download and select Firmware Images. Then use the dropdown to select FortiClient and adjust the red box below from Release Notes to Download. From here you can navigate the directories to find the version you wish.

Hope this helps.

mark_major
New Contributor II

Hi,

It seems that my request is a lost cause.  As I explained, I work in an organisation with over half a million people.  We don't all (in I.T., all around the planet) have access to log-on to this site.

Sometimes I (and the end user) am waiting 10+ minutes for the 'retrieving servers' and 'downloading' stages of the online installer.  This could all be avoided if I could just grab an offline installer from the Fortinet site via the end-users home Internet or silently transfer an offline installer via TeamViewer/VPN in advance.  It is not at all productive for them or myself to watch an installer download stuff for up to 20 minutes.

Oh well,

Mark

Fullmoon

mark.major@thecotswoldgroup.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

Oh well,

Mark

same sentiments bro. :(

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
SteveRoadWarrior

Since you have SSL VPN already, why not use the feature in the SSL VPN portal which allows an 'alternate download location'.  It is a GUI feature in the SSL VPN portal.

To directly address your question:

1. download the EXE / DMG versions of the client

2. transfer them to a web server somewhere public but not easily found (subfolder with random name)

3. link to this from the web version of the SSL VPN portal

4. instruct your users to log into the SSL VPN and install the client from there

But I know what you mean!  Some days the installer goes quickly, most days very, very slowly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors