Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Wilnel
New Contributor

Fortiview showing heavy dns traffic from my account

I have noticed from Fortiview that my user account is listed as a top source of traffic, it is coming from the primary domain controller and it is DNS traffic. I did a screenshot. the first one part marked out is my user name, the next is the primary domain controller/dns ip and the last is name of the domain controller. How do I remedy this?

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Not sure I understand what the problem is?  Unless you took a screenshot of total traffic, it's not uncommon to see a lot of DNS traffic, though 17,651 seems excessive (which is why I thought that graph is total traffic).  I am guessing DNS is setup on the DC.  If you think there is an issue, you may want to check the DNS settings/logs on the DC and/or check your workstation for DNS resolution issues and/or physical cable/NIC issues (e.g. duplex/speed/faulty wiring/cable).  I am going to assume the DC is in separate subnet than your workstation?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Wilnel

yes the dc is on a separate subnet from my workstation. Also it gets well to at least 21000 and thats every hour.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors