Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ronnie_jorgensen
New Contributor

Is it possible to use same virtual server in multiple policies?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if possible to use the same virtual server in multiple different policies and have FortiWeb route traffic based on hostname?

Reason i am asking is that we have limited public IP addresses and on the FortiGate i can map an external IP to an internal IP (Virtual IP) and then i wanted to use that one VIP on the fortigate for multiple applications on the FortiWeb.

But not sure if that is even a possibility??

Regards

Ronnie

2 REPLIES 2
neonbit
Valued Contributor

It's possible on the FortiWeb to have one policy that hits one VIP and then route the traffic to different server pools internally depending on the hostname, it's done with HTTP Content routing.

So for example you have 1.1.1.1 on the internet, and both domains www.test.com and mail.test.com pointing to the same IP. When the FortiWeb gets a request for mail.test.com it will send it to the mail servers and www.test.com will go to the web servers. Each of these two sessions can have their own separate security profiles attached to them.

ronnie_jorgensen

Hi Neonbit, this works for me. thank you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors