Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vusal_d
New Contributor

A duplicate entry already exists port forward port 25 same extip

Hello forum members. My first post. Recently we purchased FortiGate 1000D and replaced TMG 2010 successfully. I found a lot of similar discussions but nine of them describe my issue. 

Now I can't create one rule (can't figure out how to) which I can create easily on Kerio Control or TMG itself

What I need, is to forward SMTP port to Exchange Server itself (10.22.10.59), bypassing my AntiSpamServer (10.22.10.80) when connection goes from specific IP addrress (lets say 2.3.4.5)

in other words i need vip rule like below 

my.wan.ip.addr --> 10.22.10.80 (TCP: 25 --> 25) | (this is ok)

my.wan.ip.addr —> 10.22.10.59 (TCP: 25 --> 25) srcip 2.3.4.5 | this is not ok 

Please note that I have forwarding rule for SMTP service and it works well. All request to that service are forwarded to 10.22.10.80. This is ok. Now how to excuse a WAN IP by forwarding SMTP queries directly to my Exchange Server (10.22.10.59)

1 Solution
lobstercreed

I may be mistaken given Bob's post above, but I would have thought you could easily accomplish this.  You simply need two different VIP objects and two different firewall rules.  You already have half of it with the VIP that has 10.22.10.80 as the mapped IP, and your firewall rule that allows all traffic from the Internet to that destination.   Your second VIP would need to be defined with a mapped IP of 10.22.10.59 (still port 25).  Now you just need a firewall rule above your other firewall rule that looks for traffic from 8.8.8.8 and maps to the second VIP.  Traffic sourced from other IPs won't match that and should fall to the next rule that has been working for you.

Let me know if this works, as it will be an interesting revelation to me if it doesn't.  - Daniel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

With port forwarding, you can only have one SourceIP/port (socket) definition. You will have to find another mechanism to accomplish what you are trying to do. Try using 0.0.0.0 port 25 for the other.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
lobstercreed

I may be mistaken given Bob's post above, but I would have thought you could easily accomplish this.  You simply need two different VIP objects and two different firewall rules.  You already have half of it with the VIP that has 10.22.10.80 as the mapped IP, and your firewall rule that allows all traffic from the Internet to that destination.   Your second VIP would need to be defined with a mapped IP of 10.22.10.59 (still port 25).  Now you just need a firewall rule above your other firewall rule that looks for traffic from 8.8.8.8 and maps to the second VIP.  Traffic sourced from other IPs won't match that and should fall to the next rule that has been working for you.

Let me know if this works, as it will be an interesting revelation to me if it doesn't.  - Daniel

vusal_d

@agorwpatterson I'd tried this approach before I started athreaf. So that didn't help. @agolobstercreed to be honest I tried this approach as well. But this also didn't help me. You can try yourself on your firewall. Seems Fortigate do not support this kinda port forwardings. I already accomplished task by forwarding port 2525 to 25 on to 10.22.10.59. This is not what I wanted, but saved me, because the client uses a portion of code within the official website that sends mail with no Authentication when someone press send mail button But in any way I wanted to know how to accomplish task I described way in the thread.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors