Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jjlists
New Contributor

vpn client on hyper-v host can't connect

My workstation has hyper-v installed on it and work from the 'management' host.  I installed the fortinet vpn client, but always get SSLVPN error 10003200 when trying to connect to a vpn server.   i suspect the vpn client is binding to the wrong network adapter.

Is there some way to configure this?

8 REPLIES 8
jjlists
New Contributor

i have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times.  disabled hyper-v then re-enabled it.

it does not work.  the HResult is 0x80072EFD

this is a developer workstation and needs to have hyper-v installed.   i also need to connect to the corporate vpn.

please help.

GusTech

What FortiClient verison are u using? 

If you using Forticlient APP from windows store, try to uninstall and install the latest version from fortinet.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
jjlists

thanks for your reply.   i am using the latest version from the app store,  v1.0.1037

i looked at the non-appstore version from fortinet, but it looks like it installs a whole bunch of other things too, not just the ssl vpn.   i need to keep my development machine clean for testing purposes.   is there a way to install ONLY the ssl vpn ?

GusTech

Yes, you can use the FortiClientTools and customize your own installer that only contains what you want.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
GusTech

Does it work if you remove the Hyper-v virtual switches and interfaces?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
jjlists

thank you.  i will take a look at this.  

MartinGudel
New Contributor

Did you ever resolve that? I'm using Forticlient 6.4.8.1755 on my Windows 11 client and also got the experience that I can't use neither IPSec nor SSL VPN to work once I deploy Hyper-V. 

For IT staff who may need to run management shells in a container , that's really a pain in the ... .

Any solution available? 

Regards

TimUK

Did anyone find a fix for this, I have users getting this issue now?

Thanks in advance. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors