Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AryB
New Contributor

Guest Wi-Fi Access with forti AP

Hello Everybody,

As a total Newbie, I need some help. I'm the network administrator of a little association. We have an Active directory.  There is wi-fi access to our network (and through it to the internet) for some workers. For that we use 3 Forti AP 221C.

Of course I have access to their admin page through a web browser and also to lots of setting through forticloud.

I would like to set up a Guest WiFi access that only give access to the internet (not to shared folder on our LAN for example).

Is it possible ? May I add something else on my network (hardware / software) to do this ? I found this : https://cookbook.fortinet.com/guest-wifi-accounts-60/ but don't know where can I find all this.

Thanks a lot ! Have a Happy New Year !

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

A problem with FC controlled regular FAP is there is no control for Guest WiFi subnet to reach internal network after leaving the FAP. If FortiGate is the controller you can set up a tunnel mode then let the FGT control those accesses. I don't think those FAPs have even access-list capability. You need to control it by a router or a FW the FAP is directly connected to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

A problem with FC controlled regular FAP is there is no control for Guest WiFi subnet to reach internal network after leaving the FAP. If FortiGate is the controller you can set up a tunnel mode then let the FGT control those accesses. I don't think those FAPs have even access-list capability. You need to control it by a router or a FW the FAP is directly connected to.

AryB

OK, I see, thanks a lot !

Philgre
New Contributor

Yes it's possible. you have to create a guest SSID. Gives access only to the internet.

AryB
New Contributor

Great, but the question is HOW ??

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors