Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
robinsonjas
New Contributor

60E performance issue for WAN

Have a case open but figured I'd try here as well. I have a few 60E's deployed to field. I am experiencing a 'throttle' like behavior on the WAN at 2 of my sites.

Site A - Cox ISP - 5.6.6 code - WAN works as expected

Site B - Cox ISP - 5.6.4 code - WAN perf ~50Mb on 100Mb line (down)

Site C - ATT ISP - 5.6.7 code - WAN perf ~50Mb on 1Gb line (down) | Up is also not the expected 1Gb, but instead about ~100-~200Mb

Have stripped off all UTM in policies, factory reset (Site C), created new bare bones network...still has issues. Compared settings from Site A. Still coming up dry.

Logs sent off to Fortinet support but they haven't had any answers yet.

Best test site is SiteC - have ran iperf and usual speedtest.net stuff - same results.

Last chgs were 'diagnose npu np6lite fastpath disable' - no avail

Any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Cerny
New Contributor II

Try to set manually speed and mode of network interface according to this article:

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD30018

We have had a similar case with FG100C, which was permanently switching to half-duplex mode

HTH

Robert

FG-100C FG-100A FW-50B FG-60C
FG-100C FG-100A FW-50B FG-60C
robinsonjas

Forgot to mention I'd done that - I checked and auto negotiation was 1000/Full, but manually set the WAN1 interface to 1000 and it still exhibits same behavior. Thanks for the tip...I'm new to the platform so this problem is definitely expanding my understanding of it.

robinsonjas
New Contributor

Working on this still - lots of testing - now pointing to ATT issue w/ DMZ+ mode on my modem. If I pull an internal IP on the FG from the ATT Pace it performs fine. If I set DMZ+ on modem for FG perf drops thru the floor....more to come.

robinsonjas
New Contributor

Closing a loop here - on one of the 60E (SiteC) the issue was ATT gateway - Pace 5268 - DMZ+ mode ...known fw bug from ATT. Replaced w/ Arris BGW210. Speeds are great now.

Still confused on the other site (SiteB) - more to come there.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors