Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jerry_ku
New Contributor

How to factory reset a FAP222B without the POE adapter?

Is it possible to factory reset a FAP222B without the POE adapter?

I can't determine the IP address of the FAP222b I have. When I sniff it on Wireshark, it never sends any ARP broadcasts

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is a hole of a reset switch at almost top on the front panel. Use a paper clip or something similar to press and hold for 5 sec until LED indications change.

Philgre
New Contributor

Yes, just insert a needle into the hole to make a fatoryreset.

Yurisk

As already said, will just add for reference picture:

Yuri https://yurisk.info/  blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Yuri https://yurisk.info/ blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The FAP 222B looks to be an outdoor unit and doesn't look to have a reset pinhole unless it is hidden/enclosed in the case itself. The quick start guide only indicates the reset pinhole on the POE adapter itself.  (The 222A looks to be an indoor unit though?)

Unless you have manually configured this 222B with a static IP, it should make attempts to obtain a routable IP from a DHCP server (via DHCP option 138) , failing that it should default to using 192.168.1.2.  If this AP is connected to the network with a fgt unit (running DHCP service) you should see the MAC/IP address show up in the DHCP monitor.  If Device Detection is enabled on the network (interface), you should be able to see it under "User & Devices -> Device Inventory->Fortinet Device".

Assuming the 222B is failing to obtain an IP (lease), it may be defaulting to 192.168.1.2, so either configure a port on the fgt for that subnet and stick the AP on that port or bind a secondary IP in that subnet range to the interface.

Make sure you have CAPWAP enabled on the interface that the AP will be communicate through.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors