Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sudhakarcscbe
New Contributor

VPN connection issue in ADSL router

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not a network expert. The company I'm working gave me Forticlient VPN to work from home and when I tried the connection from both ADSL router and Mobile data, both are working. The problem I'm facing is during disconnect. When I'm connected to ADSL router and when i disconnect my VPN connection i couldnt reconnect to VPN for about 20 minutes. I have to wait for 20 minutes or restart laptop to get connected to VPN. But with the mobile data i can disconnect VPN and immediately reconnect. 

Please i need your advice on this. And please let me know if i can share some logs from my laptop. I'm using IPSec VPN.

1 REPLY 1
sudhakarcscbe
New Contributor

Dears,

I managed to dig more and isolated the issue I'm facing. The problem is not with the ADSL router. The issue is when i use Wifi with my ADSL. When i use ethernet the disconnection and reconnection is faster but when i use Wifi its hanging and below is the log i could see in VPN DEBUG logs,

12/23/2018 7:20:08 PM Debug VPN peer has not completed Xauth exchange 12/23/2018 7:20:08 PM Debug VPN CHKPH1THERE: no established ph1 handler found 12/23/2018 7:20:08 PM Debug VPN peer has not completed Xauth exchange 12/23/2018 7:20:08 PM Debug VPN CHKPH1THERE: no established ph1 handler found 12/23/2018 7:20:08 PM Debug Scheduler GUI change event 12/23/2018 7:20:10 PM Debug VPN peer has not completed Xauth exchange 12/23/2018 7:20:10 PM Debug VPN CHKPH1THERE: no established ph1 handler found

Can anyone advice me whether i should do anything in router settings to make this work in Wifi also?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors