Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DTLANetwork
New Contributor

VPN Users Accessing Internal Network Authenticating through LDAP

Hi there!

I would like to know if it’s possible to configure a Fortigate 80C v5.4 to use LDAP authentication to allow SSL VPN users to authenticate to internal network only. When configuring SSL VPN tunnel, users will not access remote desktop, VPN users will only access internal network only.   

I would like remote users from their workstation to log in using FortiClient VPN tunnel and after remote users enter their credentials I want users to have access to internal network. 

So far I was able to: 

[ul]
  • Register LDAP server on FortiGate
  • Import LDAP users and create SSL VPN user group
  • Created SSL address range for SSL VPN clients and created another address for IP range within my internal network to which remote users will connect to
  • I configured SSL VPN tunnel by enabling tunnel mode and split tunneling. I selected address range I created for IP Pool, and enabled Web Mode
  • I will not enable Include Bookmarks because VPN users will not RDP into internal network PC.
  • I created security policies to handle web mode and tunnel mode traffic[/ul]

Before I go any further, is authenticating SSL VPN users through LDAP and allowing remote user’s access to internal network possible without using a FortiAuthenticator?

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors