Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vnat
New Contributor

Forticlient issues (odd issues with the Windows Store version and desktop version)

Had two very odd issues on a machine yesterday. Installed Forticlient for the first time on a particular workstation, tried the Windows Store version first, it seemed inconsistent in writing the routes (it worked at first, then after a reboot even though the VPN was connected it was not routing through the VPN)

So I uninstalled the Windows Store version, and installed the latest Forticlient (download/desktop version), this worked but while troubleshooting something I noticed that the Windows hosts file was too large to open (2GB), I used the more command in Windows to view some of it, it was just the same jibberish over and over.  The timestamp matched up to when I installed Forticlient, and the reason I suspend Forticlient is also when I tried to rename the hosts file, it was in use by "FCDBLog.exe", I exited Forticlient from the tasks area in Windows and could rename the file.

Any ideas about either of these issues?

Also, I can't find the option to auto-reconnect if disconnected that the older Forticlient had, has that been removed?

3 REPLIES 3
zoehart
New Contributor

I am having this same issue - 3GB hosts file locked by FCDBLog.exe. Another user reported the same issue (https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=169941) and thought it was related to accent characters in the file. But I don't believe my hosts file contained any accent or other unusual characters. This seems like a FortiClient bug to me. 

vnat
New Contributor

This is also ridiculous:

The FortiClient logging daemon is using a ton of memory (and in the Forticlient settings I even removed all the checkboxes for logging).

It's always using between 1GB-3GB, and just now I caught it at 9GB of memory!!

riaronson
New Contributor II

I had similar problems. For a while I thought the installer killed my Microsoft Surface. It turned out to be a conflict with the Kaspersky av software. It mistook the installer for a virus.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors