Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jorgeR2018
New Contributor

FortiGate 60E - no packet cap in FW GUI interface

Good day,  we are currently evaluating the FG 60E model and found that the GUI interface under Network> the packet capture option is not listed nor in any other options within the firewall GUI interface, the firewall is running FortiOS v5.6.7.

The question is why the packet capture option on this model/firmware is not available .  

Thanks in advance

Jorge

4 REPLIES 4
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Upgrade to 6.0.2 or later, I believe the packet capture has been added again to the GUI.

FYI the packet capture doesn't show by default for FortiGates that don't have disks. If you had a FG61E which has one disk you'd see the packet capture in 5.6.7. But after upgrading to 6.0.2/3 you should see it again on a FG60E.

Sunil_Panchal_NSE7

Dear friend ,

with new device and FortiOS release . fortinet have removed the packet capture facility from GUI .

this feature is only avaible with device having harddrive (SSD wit E series).

if you need to use packet capture you have to go to CLI .

best regards

jamesmeuli

https://[management-IP]/ng/page/p/firewall/sniffer/  used to work for me, don't have any units without hd to test on atm

jorgeR2018
New Contributor

Thank you all for the response -  I went ahead and upgraded to the latest FortiOS and effectively the packet capture selection is now in the UI .

Thank you again for the help  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors