Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Raudi
New Contributor III

local routing 2 IPv6 networks on a single LAN interface

Hi,

in my environment i have 2 WAN interfaces with IPv6 and one LAN interface which is using that. The IPv6 addresses on the LAN are configured manually, and i use 2 policy routes to send LAN prefix A to WAN1 and LAN prefix B to WAN2.

All is working fine, i can access the internet, and i can access published services on the servers via IPv6 from outside.

Only one thing i don't get working:

From a Client/Server in prefix A access a client/server in prefix B.

So local routing when there are multiple IP addresses on a single interface.

From a client/server in prefix A network i can ping the FortiGate interface in prefix B, but no other client/server.

Where can i search, can i made a routing trace?

In a packet trace i see the incomming ICMPv6 with the comment (no response found!). Normal i will say it must be more than one packet:

request from client to fg

request from fg to destination

response from destination to fg

response ftrom fg to client

But only the first one is in the capture.

I have no denied traffic in the log...

Some ideas/hints where to search?

Kind regards

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2
Raudi
New Contributor III

On the same interface i have also 2 IPv4 Addresses, here the routing between that 2 networks is working normal...

Raudi
New Contributor III

O.k. i figured it out.

The policy routes are the problem.

So the question is, how can i control, that internal clients with prefix A will be routed through WAN1 and prefix B through WAN2? A solution will be 2 separate VLAN's, but perhaps there is a different solution with a single interface.

For outgoing traffic policy routes will work, but this overwrites local routes.

A policy route which except local routes will be perfect...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors