Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Deanw
New Contributor

No SIP/VoIP after Upgrade 40C to 60D, Same Policies etc

Hi All,

I am new to posting and using the Fortigate product and am quite enjoying the ease of use. The knowledge and helpfulness of this forum is priceless too – Thank you.

As per the title, in upgrading from a 40C to a 60D at my business/office I am having problems with SIP/VoIP traffic and need some guidance.

Effectively :- Fortigate firewall and a Router/VoIP unit behind it (it’s a router with VoIP lines).

VoIP unit is set up for the VoIP to communicate through the WAN port, so I’ve set the WAN port to login to the Fortigate using IPoE allowing the 2 x VoIP lines to work.  (Note, internet could be accessed from this unit if tried)

The 40C was working fine (v4.0,build0535,120511 (MR3 Patch 7))

[ul]
  • WAN > VLAN 10 + Tunnel
  • Policy for Lan/Interface to internet
  • Policy to/from VPN to Cloud server
  • No Policy for SIP/VoIP however traffic flowed and worked – ALL OK.[/ul]

Installed the 60D (v5.6.2 build1486 (GA))

[ul]
  • WAN > VLAN 10 + Tunnel
  • Policy for Lan/Interface to internet (All works)
  • Policy to/from VPN to Cloud server  (All works)
  • No Policy SIP/VoIP however traffic DOES NOT FLOW.[/ul]

I have tried:

[ul]
  • Setting a Policy for ALL from WAN to IP of VoIP
  • Setting a Policy for ALL from VLAN to IP of VoIP
  • Setting a Policy for SIP/VoIP from VLAN/WAN to IP of VoIP
  • Created a VIP for Router/VoIP IP, including port 5060 (this is what my ISP uses)
  • NAT on and off
  • Deleting/Disabling SIP/VoIP session helper and ALG with various ways I’ve found on this forum and Google.
  • I have reset the 60D and started from scratch several times between changes to reset what changes I made.[/ul]

These two confuse me.

[ul]
  • I have used ‘Notepad +++’ to compare the config files from each unit. Any reference to SIP or VoIP is the same between files/models. (With exception to the extra preloaded Policy&Objects/Services in the 60D)
  • I have reconnected the 40C and checked yes it still works. I then started to turn off ALL policies… and the SIP/VoIP traffic stilled flowed with no policies active.  (Noting the internet wasn’t accessible from the Router/VoIP unit at this stage, not that I want it to – it’s just for reference)[/ul]

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’m not sure what other info would be helpful at this stage, can post more.

Cheers

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors