Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
usera
New Contributor

unable to uninstall FortiClient which is locked with password that haven't been set

hello 

this is the description of my problem :

[ul]
  • i'm using fortigate (on which i'm new)  and i used fortitelemetry to see what can fortigate offer me with managing forticlient.
  • i'm using forticlient on many PCs but only one is registered to fortigate.[/ul]

i dont know what did i do to have a connexion problem : 

[ul]
  • from all pcs running forticlient i can access my servers 
  • from the pc running forticlient which is registered to fortigate : i can ping my server but i can not access my applications that are hosted on servers. 
  • so i unregistered the pc from fortigate , i stopped endpoint compliance , but the problem still stood.
  • then i decided to uninstall the forticlient and i found out that it was locked with a password that i haven't set; 
  • when i tried to delete the key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_FCM; it says that i have no permissions to do so; cause i was compliant to my fortigate and my computer is in a domain. even when i try using the local administrator session or the domain administrator account. [/ul]

but when i use the wireless network card i do access the applications that i need. but i still can not uninstall forticlient.

please help please please please ! how can i solve this problem cause i can't keep using the wireless card.

thank you

• 3 REPLIES 3
    SteveG
    Contributor III

We use EMS to manage FortiClients and there's an option to stop users from disconnecting from the server, which we have to disable when uninstalling FC. I'd imagine that same option is available on FC's registered to a FortiGate. 

You need to disconnect first, then you can uninstall. 

Bill1
    New Contributor

I became a member on this site to try to get rid of "Forticlient"which my laptop does *not* show I even have *on* it in the first place ... BUT ... I am getting blocked from websites saying that "Fporticlient" on my machine is blocking me, since the "Forticlient" certificate (which I know zero about) is not properly installed

Any help would be greatly appreciated ....

SteveG
    Contributor III

Someone would have installed FortiClient. Is this your work PC? It would be useful if you can access the FortiClient console as from there we can see if FC is registered to an organisation.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors