Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dudi
New Contributor

User can't connect ipsec vpn with dhcp address

Dear experts,

I'm new with Fortinet. I have problem in my ipsec vpn connection that already configure with dhcp address that given to client (using Forticlient). No client can connect to my ipsec vpn

I have been configured with these steps:

1. create custom vpn with settings below:

- network: dialup user with wan port interface and activate nat traversal

- authentication with my pre shared key

- ike v1 with aggresive option

- group user whose connect to this vpn

- phase1 and phase2 I leave it default

2. Modify the tunnel interface with ip (in this case: 192.168.202.1/24), dhcp activated, and type ipsec

3. create new ipv4 policy, incoming tunn-int outgoing LAN-int, nat active, allow all source and all dst

In Forticlient, I chose dhcp over ipsec, but no one can connect. I check all my settings seems it's OK

Would you give any advice to me, what wrong with my settings?

For short config I follow this tutorials: https://engineeronnetwork.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/fortigate-dial-up-vpn-with-dhcp/

Thank you

Dudi

4 REPLIES 4
dudi
New Contributor

Dear Experts;

We still waiting the solutions for this case. Many appreciations for your help.

Thank you

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Qs:

Did you  enable  under the vpn phase2-setting  the ipsec-enable?

set dhcp-ipsec enable 

Ddi you  provide any diagnostic captures and if the  DHCP server is seeing any  requests?

Did you monitor any  DHCP activity at the dhcp-server for the relay-agent ? And is the scope correct ?

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
dudi
New Contributor

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your advice to activate dhcp enable to phase2 vpn (in this case, my vpn is "VPN2".

It's described below:

---

Fortigate $ config vpn ipsec phase2-interface Fortigate (phase2-interface) $ show config vpn ipsec phase2-interface     edit "Ipsec-vpn"         set phase1name "Ipsec-vpn"         set comments "VPN: Ipsec-vpn (Created by VPN wizard)"     next     edit "VPN2"         set phase1name "VPN2"         set dhcp-ipsec enable     next end ---

But the problem still ongoing. The client still can't connect to the vpn.

The log of vpn and dhcp are:

vpn log:

dhcp log:

It's seems like no user can connect. would you please give any idea to do?

Thank you

dudi
New Contributor

Dear Ken,

I attach the screenshoot of vpn and dhcp monitor picture. My previous post can't show the result.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors