Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mannyc
New Contributor

Newbie question Re: CLI/edit

Hello all

Please excuse me for my very limited knowledge - I am here to learn

I was trying some basic things and by mistake I typed "edit mgmt."

and I guess it created a new...table?

so how do I delete it (or even list table names)??

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
SgtMalicious
New Contributor III

Kind of depends on where you are in the command structure as to what you've just done. For all we know you just started to edit an address entry. Check the CLI reference manual. It should cover everything you're looking for. [link]https://docs.fortinet.com/fortigate/reference[/link]

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Depending on where you are in the config tree. If not too late just enter "abort".
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Have you tried using context-sensitive help?  (in other words, type a question mark to see available commands)

The config is hierarchical, so if you go back to whatever menu you were in when typed that and type show it will display changes to the default configuration.  If you type get it should show the current configuration of the current object/table.  If you accidentally created a new object, you can usually get rid of it by going back to the same place and typing delete xxxx where xxxx is the object you created. 

For example, config firewall address would take me to the firewall address configuration table.  edit Address001 would create a new address named Address001 and take me into its configuration table where I could do things like set subnet or set comment.  If I type next, it takes me back to the firewall address configuration table, if I type end it will save changes and take me back to the root.  If I want to delete the object, I can do so by getting back into the firewall address configuration table and typing delete Address001

Mannyc
New Contributor

I want to thank you all

that was very helpful

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors