Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
papapuff
New Contributor II

HELP - VPN SSL with WAN private IP

hi there,

need help please. I need to configure VPN SSL. the issue is ISP only provide private IP.

therefore, in vpn ssl setting, system listen to <private IP>:<port vpn ssl>

please help.

thank you

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi

Regardless SSL VPN or IPSec VPN, packets from the remote clients need to reach your FGT either with a public IP or port forwarding from the ISP's NAT device as papapuff described.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Your ISP will need to do port forwarding for you to make that work.  As far as I know there is absolutely no way around this.  You would then need to program your clients to connect to your true public IP, which would then be forwarded by your ISP to you and connect to your VPN.

Toshi_Esumi

I would try negotiating with the ISP to provide an additional /30 or /29 public subnet. Then they might offer a different type of circuit delivery only for business custmers that allows a static public IP on the main interface. 

papapuff

hi. thanks for advice.

for negotiation with the ISP, it couldn't. they will offer another products.

anyway, so it's mean vpn SSL applicable only for IP Public, am I correct?

Toshi_Esumi

Regardless SSL VPN or IPSec VPN, packets from the remote clients need to reach your FGT either with a public IP or port forwarding from the ISP's NAT device as papapuff described.

papapuff

thanks Toshi.

appreciate for the answer.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors