Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tobitech
New Contributor

How to allow a URL with Port in Webbrowsers

Hello, i'm really new to the FortiGate-World so please be kind. I have the case that a user wants to open a certain website with a certain port (8024) to be able to stream this via the VLC player. When calling the URL this is blocked with the attached error message.   How can I share this URL with this port for all users?   FortiGate 60E, FortiOS v5.6.3 build1547   Thank you, Tobi
1 Solution
bmorris
New Contributor III

Hi Tobi,

I would create a new policy for this. Create a new Address object > Type FQDN,  for this site. Then create a new Service > TCP Port 8024. 

New policy would be

Source 'your network' Destination 'internet' Destination Address 'new Address object' Service 'New Service' Action 'Allow'

Place this policy above the existing one that is blocking the traffic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bmorris
New Contributor III

Hi Tobi,

I would create a new policy for this. Create a new Address object > Type FQDN,  for this site. Then create a new Service > TCP Port 8024. 

New policy would be

Source 'your network' Destination 'internet' Destination Address 'new Address object' Service 'New Service' Action 'Allow'

Place this policy above the existing one that is blocking the traffic.

tobitech

Hello bmorris,

thank you for this detailed guide!

The solution works!

#Closed

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors