Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iron151
New Contributor

Cant Access Local Lan when using IPSEC VPN

Configured IPSEc vpn on fortiagte 100(v6.0.3 build0200). When user connects using forticlient, i am able to access the lan resources behing fortigate but i am unable to use local LAN and also want local internet traffic should not go through the tunnel.

1 Solution
ede_pfau

@lobstercreed: helpful, but OP is using IPsec VPN.

and the same applies to IPsec VPN: in the FortiClient, you can enable "split tunneling" and specify the subnet(s) behind the FGT which should be routed over the tunnel. All other traffic will then use the local gateway - local resources like printer, and the internet via the local router/modem.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
4 REPLIES 4
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Hi Deepak,

In the VPN -> SSL-VPN Portals settings, there should be a slider to enable split-tunneling.  It sounds to me like that is not enabled on the portal that the user is mapping to (you can check the mapping under VPN -> SSL-VPN Settings).

- Daniel

ede_pfau

@lobstercreed: helpful, but OP is using IPsec VPN.

and the same applies to IPsec VPN: in the FortiClient, you can enable "split tunneling" and specify the subnet(s) behind the FGT which should be routed over the tunnel. All other traffic will then use the local gateway - local resources like printer, and the internet via the local router/modem.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
lobstercreed

Thanks Ede, I totally missed that detail.  

speedy96

Ede, I'm really sorry to reply here if this is the wrong place but could you maybe answer something for me as i really cant find the answer, Is split tunnelling available with the Native VPN client? I just cannot find out the proper answer.

Thanks so much

Speedy

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors