Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Amalio_C
New Contributor

force captive portal reauthentication after log off on fortios 5.4

Hello guys, 

I'm trying to re-authenticate users connected to a Captive Portal Interface (wired) after a log off (whatever reason, ex: switch port disconnection). When one of my desktop are disconnected from the switch port and is connected it back again. The PC never re-authenticate. It just allow access. 

How could I modified this default behavior.

Thanks guys,    

Thank you guys,

Regards,

ACP

Thank you guys, Regards, ACP
3 REPLIES 3
Fullmoon
Contributor III

I'm not sure though if your requirement is similar to the link below.

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=133794

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Amalio_C

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I have checked that post. And actually, it is not the same thing. In my case, I want to create only one username/password for everyone as a Guest, but if the device is disconnected from the network for any reason, (Ex: cable disconnection from the network) I would like to force the user to re-authenticate.  

In my case, several users/devices would use the same guest account at the same time. 

Thank you guys,

Regards,

ACP

Thank you guys, Regards, ACP
TuncayBAS

it's not possible. Fortigate will keep the user until idle-timeout time. Or you can check the user monitor list with the REST-API and de-auth the ip address that does not respond to ping.

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors