Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sebag
New Contributor III

Limit Youtube Traffic Shaping version 6.0.3

Hi, I want to limit the bandwidth to access youtube. I want that users can not use more than 4mb of bandwidth. I already generate a traffic shaper of type Per-IP, then a traffic policy but I can not create an application control that detects only the traffic of youtube to apply in the ipv4 policy.

any idea?

a similar example cookbook for version 6.0.3?

thanks.

1 Solution
sebag
New Contributor III

Hello, the solution was to set via CLI in the Application Control Securtiry the shaper and shaper-reverse command.

works ok!

edit "Youtube_Shaping"         set other-application-log enable         config entries             edit 1                 set category 5                 set application 31077 3321 31076 33104 23397 30201 17396                 set action pass                 set shaper "Youtube-Test"                 set shaper-reverse "Youtube-Test"             next         end     next

thanks to Fortinet Support Team.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hasanen_Bashir
New Contributor

Hey,

like your situation i made before a traffic shaper policy  

cheers,

sebag
New Contributor III

Hello, the solution was to set via CLI in the Application Control Securtiry the shaper and shaper-reverse command.

works ok!

edit "Youtube_Shaping"         set other-application-log enable         config entries             edit 1                 set category 5                 set application 31077 3321 31076 33104 23397 30201 17396                 set action pass                 set shaper "Youtube-Test"                 set shaper-reverse "Youtube-Test"             next         end     next

thanks to Fortinet Support Team.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors